Web Development by Graphic Detail Ltd. Copyright 2020.
We appreciate that by you providing your personal information via our website, you have placed your trust in us. We don’t take this lightly and that’s why we have all the necessary measures in place to protect the privacy of your information..
We will always do what we reasonably can to be open and transparent about the ways we collect, store and use your information and we invite you to shout out if there is anything you’d like to know.
Some legal stuff
By law, privacy policies only apply to living, breathing people. They don’t apply to non-humans like companies, even though companies are made up of humans. That being said, we’ll still always apply the highest possible standards to protect information relating to non-humans.
We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 because firstly, it’s the law and secondly, it’s the right thing to do when you’ve trusted us with your personal information. We take our responsibility to you very seriously.
None of your rights under the Privacy Act are excluded by our company policy. If you’re interested in reading more about your privacy rights see www.privacy.org.nz.
What’s covered under personal information
Some examples of personal information include:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
Why we need your personal information
We need your personal information so we know where we should be going to deliver and collect your bin. Your phone number is important because we will be keeping you updated on our driver’s progress in delivering and collecting the bin and we may, for example, have a query regarding access to your property or something similar.
Changes to this policy
We may need to change this policy from time to time. If we do, we’ll upload a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, through the website or when you sign up for a service with us. We may also collect it from you on the phone or via email or through our social media platforms.
- third parties where you have authorised this, for example when you register and pay for our service online
- publicly available sources.
We’ll try however, to always collect the information from you directly, so that you know we have it.
When we use your personal information
Some examples of when we will use your personal information include:
- when we’re providing services and products to you
- when we need to communicate with you electronically
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to bill you and to receive payments from you, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to reply to communications from you
- to conduct research
Since this list may become very long if we try to cover every possibility, you should know that there may be other situations when we would need to use your information. It will always be in line with what is permitted and acceptable in terms of the Privacy Act.
Disclosing your personal information
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to another and some examples of this would include supplying information to:
- another company within our group
- a business that supports our services and products, like our IT company who maintain and host our underlying IT systems and data
- a credit reference agency if you have agreed to a credit check by us
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can demand that we supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law
- any other person authorised by you.
There may be a possibility that one of the above is located outside New Zealand which means that your personal information may be held and processed outside the country.
Protecting your personal information
We promise to take all humanly reasonable steps to keep your information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or any other misuse or abuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you’d like a correction to be made to your personal information, you have the right to access the readily retrievable personal information that we hold. The Privacy Act does set out some situations where we would have to refuse this request. We’d also need to make 100% sure that you are who you say you are and confirm your identity before we can share the information. (this protects you too)
If you’d like any corrections made to your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the information you’d like changed and proof of your identity.
We can’t live without the internet and we all use it and even though we take all reasonable steps to keep secure connections, there will always be risk when sharing details online so please be aware that providing your personal information over the internet is at your own risk.
Take care out there!